Re: Technotrend S2-3200

Andrew Lyon wrote:
> On 12/16/06, Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Andrew Lyon wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > How is driver support for Technotrend S2-3200 ? is it supported at
>> > all? Is anybody actively working on driver support? if so I would be
>> > willing to buy one and help with testing, perhaps provide access to a
>> > system with the card installed if that would help.
>>
>> current status of the stb0899 driver, DVB-S tunes, DVB-S2 not yet. Still
>> hammering on it.
>>

>> > Or are any other dvb-s cards with CI supported?
>> >

>> quite some
>>
>> Manu
>>

> You say it tunes, would you say it is usable at the moment for just
> dvb-s? What about cam support?

Currently tuning works for 2 card types, KNC1 S2 and the Satelco S2.
Work is ongoing for 2 other card types. TT and Twinhan.

the KNC1 uses a standard SAA7146 GPIO for CI communication. I believe
the TT S2 cards are also most probably wired the same way and hence
should not be very different from the KNC1 card except for a Silicon
tuner and or pin connections.

On the Twinhan S2, it has an additional backend CI controller chip in
addition to the Mantis chip (this chipset already has builtin CI
controllers) This chip also advertised support for other PCMCIA devices
in the CI slot. Support for this device is still pending.

Regards,
Manu