Re: Unwatchable channels and strange behaviour of Hauppauge Nova-T Stick (update)

On 12/20/06, Stephen Rowles <stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have exactly the same problem with some channels here in the UK. My
stick works fine to watch TV using xine, but occasionally when I try to
switch channels the whole display just sits there black. If I quit xine,
remove and replug the usb stick (or use rmmod and modprobe), then re-run
xine it all bursts into life.

      Seems very much to the behaviour of my stick... Have you
checked the channels.conf entry of your problematic channel with mine?
maybe they have something in common.

No idea if this does mean its a software problem, but thought I'd let
people know.

      Fine. I suggested also a software problem based on my
experience (stick working fine on windows but needing to unplug/plug
under linux to tune some channel): I hope nobody feels bad for this.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions? I'm happy to help with
testing if needed.

      I'm also willing to help anybody to debug this issue or, with
some hint, try to debug it myself, but I have very poor knowledge
about usb, dvb-t and dvb-t drivers.

Or should I just give up and buy a different card / install windows?

      I hope there must be some other option! :) That's the third
stick I bought just to be sure it worked under linux (Twinhand,
Freecom and last, this hauppauge), and I'm using a laptop with a
broken lcd panel (that is: I have no working screen despite the
s-video output using atitvout once the system has booted): I was able
to install linux via using VNC, but I think windows doesn't offer this
feature ;)

      Best,
      Jose