Re: Kip, USA, kernel 2.6.32-22-generic

Kip,

For winmodems, the chipset is just little more than a ID holder for
calling the supporting software, and interfacing with the phone line.
Under Microsoft the Motorola software does support Fax with this chipset.
But under Linux, the fax support has not been implemented in the
combination slmodemd + driver snd-hda-intel.ko

MarvS