Re: Kip, USA, kernel 2.6.32-22-generic

On Wed, 2010-05-12 at 18:44 -0500, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> Kip,
>
> according to scanModem, your modem is supported in principle through
> SLMODEMD.gcc.4.?-alsa-1.0.?.tar.gz

Hey Antonio. Great to hear. Is that automatically provided in the
slmodemd package through the Ubuntu distribution? If so, I have it
installed.

> #2 is the closest to your case, 32 bit libraries must be installed to
> have a shot at working, but getting to work is a bit difficult a task
> in itself, just ask Joe.  check the archives to see a related thread.

I tried looking for the package that provides that, via apt-file search
slusb.ko, but nothing came up.

I also tried running slmodemd and got the following...
$ sudo slmodemd -c CANADA --alsa hw:0,6
error: alsa setup: cannot open playback device 'hw:0,6': Device or
resource busy
error: cannot setup device `hw:0,6'

I wonder if this is a PulseAudio issue.

Thanks for your help.