Re: Kip, USA, kernel 2.6.32-22-generic

On Wed, 2010-05-12 at 20:05 -0500, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> can be trusted.  Most modem drivers are there because they cannot be
> hosted by distributions*.  The linmodems project does not have an apt
> repository, however, Marv and other users are kind enough to post deb
> files that should work in Ubuntu/Debian based distributions.

Fair enough. Is there a deb for that package? I looked and I didn't see
anything. I'm running Ubuntu Lucid Lynx.

> You would need to get an ISP for this to send faxes only?  unless you
> can find a way to send them another way? that does not require the use
> of modem?

Hmm, I don't think you need an ISP for sending faxes with a fax capable
modem since an ISP wouldn't be required to connect you to anywhere. As
long as the modem can dial a number and communicate over a suitable fax
protocol, it should be ok?

> Hope this helps,
>
> Antonio

Very helpful.