Re: Kip, USA, kernel 2.6.32-22-generic

Kip,

The sl-modem-daemon package is installed on your System,
which tries to do automatically do the modem setup, you are manually
trying with:
$ sudo slmodemd -c USA --alsa hw:0,6

So try skipping this. Just after bootup try modem detection with;
$ sudo wvdialconf

If there is a failure:
$ sudo /etc/init.d/sl-modem-daemon stop

and then manually do the: