Re: Unable to see messages in mobile mail clients

Hi all,

Dilyan kindly refreshed my memory about the search engines off-list.  As I currently understand it, the state of things is:

* The "sphinx" search engine was removed a while ago; the "squat" engine was not.
* The "squat" search engine was broken in 3.0 and maybe 3.2 as well.  I believe it to be fixed as of 3.4, so you _should_ be able to keep using squat when upgrading to 3.4.  If you're on 3.0 or 3.2 and squat is broken, upgrading to 3.4 _should_ fix it.
* BUT, it sounds it's not working for people who've upgraded to 3.4.
* We only have the barest test coverage of "squat" search, but the tests we do have pass.
* It might be that there is still something broken about squat in 3.4.  If so, it would be good to figure out what, fix it, and make a regression test so we don't break it again.
* It could also just be that there is some step missing from the upgrade process, and that figuring out what this step is and doing it will resolve the problem.  If we figure out such a step, I'll add it to the upgrade documentation.
* You could switch to the "xapian" engine instead, like I previously advised.  But unlike my previous advice, you _shouldn't have to_.
* Or you can disable search indexing by configuring "search_engine: none", but you _shouldn't have to_.