Re: Unable to see messages in mobile mail clients

Hi Ellie,

Quoting ellie timoney <ellie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Sun, 23 Jan 2022, at 2:39 AM, Chis Walker wrote:
I'm probaby going to file a bug about this since I'm sure enabling squat search shouldn't break part of RFC 4731.

Please do! I haven't looked closely, but I had thought the "squat" search engine no longer existed as of a couple of versions ago. So it's very surprising to me to see it still able to be configured (even on git master!), but maybe I just misremembered and it's actually still around.

"squat" search was/is broken in 3.0
https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-imapd/issues/2598

Either way, this is a rubbish experience and it'd be good to get to the bottom of it and come out with a coherent way forward.

I would like to have "squat" search back in a working condition as it was easy to set up and had less additional dependencies. It was working just fine and was "good enough" for our
murder cluster with 45000 accounts.

Kind regards

   Michael

Michael Menge                          Tel.: (49) 7071 / 29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071 / 29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung mail: michael.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen