Re: Out for discussion: draft-leiba-ietf-iana-registrations

On Apr 10, 2020, at 2:37 PM, Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10/04/2020 22:13, S Moonesamy wrote:
Hi Joel,
At 01:06 PM 10-04-2020, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
We have a long tradition of people in positions of leadership also
participating as individuals.  Just because Joe thinks it doesn't work
does not mean it is not true.  It has weaknesses.  We all know that.

I noticed that the tradition is formulated as a principle laid down by
an authority in other venues.  I don't know whether the persons doing
that are aware of the weaknesses.

FWIW, I wouldn't get too hung up on this point. A lot of
the time ADs (or recent ex-ADs) are the ones writing
drafts like these because nobody else cares really - it's
just that ADs see these issues crop up over and over and
tend to want to fix 'em;-)

S.

Issues of note to the IESG should be offered by the IESG as a whole.

FWIW, it’s also possible that this little echo-chamber sees what it things are huge problems that the rest of us don’t need to burn cycles trying to fix, too.

Joe