Re: Out for discussion: draft-leiba-ietf-iana-registrations

Hiya,

On 10/04/2020 22:13, S Moonesamy wrote:
> Hi Joel,
> At 01:06 PM 10-04-2020, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
>> We have a long tradition of people in positions of leadership also
>> participating as individuals.  Just because Joe thinks it doesn't work
>> does not mean it is not true.  It has weaknesses.  We all know that.
>
> I noticed that the tradition is formulated as a principle laid down by
> an authority in other venues.  I don't know whether the persons doing
> that are aware of the weaknesses.

FWIW, I wouldn't get too hung up on this point. A lot of
the time ADs (or recent ex-ADs) are the ones writing
drafts like these because nobody else cares really - it's
just that ADs see these issues crop up over and over and
tend to want to fix 'em;-)

S.