Re: tone policing

Keith Moore wrote:

But offhand I can't think of any who have been successful in a consensus-based standards organization.  I suspect that an intelligent person who can see things from multiple points of view and is willing to work toward seeing how to build a compromise can still be successful in IETF - or at least could do well in the IETF of several years ago (not sure about today).

Viewing from a point outside of IETF, politically successfully
producing garbage protocols within IETF is not really a success.

> On the other hand, someone who couldn't see the
> merits in other points of view and/or wasn't willing to compromise,

Application protocols may be full of compromise.

Scalability of protocols related to infrastructure is often very
fragile easily damaged by slight compromise to make them garbage.

Examples are most multicast related protocols.

							Masataka Ohta