Re: Forming and confirming consensus (was: Re: Should IETF stop using GitHub?)

On Sat, Aug 3, 2019, 14:49 John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Perhaps it is time to change those rules but, if so, let's do it
explicitly rather than silently drifting from "determined and
confirmed in the mailing list" toward "determined in a meeting"
followed by pro forma mailing list confirmation.

Hear, hear.  I feel very strongly about this, and its clear ties to the discussion of meeting modalities.  It seems that we've got a number of threads converging on the possible need for a major reexamination of how the IETF accomplishes our work.  We tend to do poorly at this kind of navel gazing but it may be time.

Melinda