Re: Tolerance

> On Jul 16, 2019, at 4:09 PM, Melinda Shore <melinda.shore@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> It seems to me that driving away people with energy and
> ideas because they're not willing to deal with the tone of
> discussions here (and let's be clear: there are no longer
> very many organizations in which abusive language or behavior
> is tolerated) and leave, either to focus on implementation
> or to take their work to another body, the IETF is the loser,
> not the person who left.

While true, this begs the question of whether the decline in interest in working with the IETF is due to our “tone of discussions”.  One should also consider the possibility that some people are being driven away by the IETF’s recent increased focus on ‘proper behavior’ - or for other reasons entirely.