Re: Jabber [Was: Plenary questions]

FWIW, the problem with meetecho as a local jabber tool is not that it's impossible to access it.   It's that it's not the right tool.   You have to jump through hoops to use it, and then you wind up getting stuff you don't need that needlessly consumes bandwidth and possibly causes feedback if you don't mute your speaker.   The experience I reported of being "unable to access jabber through meetecho" was really that combination of factors arising in consciousness as a great big "nope" when I looked at the sign-in screen.   I'm sorry if the way I reported it earlier made it out to be the case that meetecho wasn't working—that really wasn't the point I was trying to communicate.

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 9:28 AM Daniele Ceccarelli <daniele.ceccarelli@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

> [...]

[>DC] I joined the Meetecho session during the session I was chairing. Obviously I didn't have my registration number at hand (I didn't notice it was on the badge) when asked for it but it took me 5 seconds to ask to have it re-sent by email. I couldn't ask for anything faster and easier than that.

BR
Daniele