Re: Jabber [Was: Plenary questions]

On Fri, Nov 09, 2018 at 10:20:58PM -0500, Paul Wouters wrote:
> Some of this could be used for good, but my experience so far suggests
> it just leads to more centralization.

Centralization is mostly a result of need for efficiency, convenience
and scalability.  Mom-n-pops can't really run a good datacenter, and so
on.  So one way or another we end up centralizing.  Of course, we could
still maintain cloud / CDN vendor mobility, and be distributed at a
layer where that mobility can be taken advantage of to get us
resilience.  But it's too late for many services.

Nico