Re: Proposed Photography Policy

On Mar 7, 2018, at 12:24 PM, Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have only skimmed the very long thread.

Much of what has been said on the thread has nothing directly to do with the proposed policy, so it would be easy to draw the conclusion you did from skimming the thread. You might want to read the actual policy.   A few brief points:

  • the policy is not based on the actions of one individual, but is addressing a general problem.
  • the policy make it easier to deal with individuals, because it creates a mechanism for signaling one's preference with respect to photography, removing a lot of room for error or forgetfulness
  • the institutional pathology that I see here is that most participants in this conversation aren't talking about what the policy actually says, and so we have hundreds of messages, most of which don't say anything useful at all about the proposed policy
  • to which you have added another

:)