Re: Proposed Photography Policy

On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 11:52 AM, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 4 Mar 2018, at 11:36, Adam Roach wrote:

On 3/4/18 1:26 PM, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
For example, suppose I am on the balcony and I take a
picture of the plenary audience...

This conversation would go a lot more smoothly if participants went back and read the policy we're discussing.

Done so.

If you read it with a tool that allows text-string searches, I advise looking for the word "groups." It appears several times.

... but not once in the section on non-professional photography.

UNOFFICIAL PHOTOGRAPHY
Many IETF participants also engage in photography. We ask that those
participants respect the above policies and avoid photographing
individuals who have asked not to be photographed. Although we
recognize that mistakes will be made, repeated intentional violations
of this policy may constitute harassment and could be brought to the attention
of the ombudsteam, per RFC 7776.

If the proposed policy could be updated to put more guidance in this section, it would go a long way to making it a more useful protocol.

Paul, thanks for pointing out the ambiguity here. It was certainly the intention to have the same guidance here for both official and unofficial photographers, but I see how someone could be confused., I should be able to clean that up.

-Ekr

If there was agreement from the leadership that the one non-professional person who has caused the most damage in this area over the past two decades would be told to just @#$% stop before he attacks again, it would greatly lessen the need for the protocol.

--Paul Hoffman