Re: Proposal to revise ISOC's mission statement

Hi Lee,

On 07/11/17 19:06, Lee Howard wrote:
> You have no right to “intimate privacy” at work on your company-owned
> computer on the company network on company time.

First, I don't think there's any need to (nor liklihood of)
reaching consensus as to the above. FWIW, I don't agree
with you, and nor would various court judgements in some
places in the world. I fully accept that your position is
one shared by a bunch of folks though.

But in any case, there are many other forms of corporate
surveillance (e.g. kid's toys calling home to the manuf
for dodgy reasons) so I hope you'd agree that we don't
have to have 100% agreement about all of that to agree
that surveillance is not an issue that always involves a
government actor.

S.