Re: What is a "management position? [Last Call: <draft-farrresnickel-harassment-05.txt> (IETF Anti-Harassment Procedures) to Best Current Practice]

On 21/03/2015 07:23, Jari Arkko wrote:
> I agree with the points from Scott, Christian, and you John that it is
> possible that confidentiality is not maintained on a case involving
> a continuously bad actor. (Assuming we get to such a bad situation
> to begin with, which I hope we wont.)

In fact I think it's stronger. It's not just possible, it's virtually
certain that a persistent bad actor will be outed by gossip. And that
puts the privacy of the victim(s) at real risk.

> My question to you though is what effect do you believe that observation
> should have on our procedures? Are you suggesting that they should
> not by default be confidential?

No. But maybe the lawyer should craft a phrase to avoid liability if
there is a leak.

   Brian