Re: What is a "management position? [Last Call: <draft-farrresnickel-harassment-05.txt> (IETF Anti-Harassment Procedures) to Best Current Practice]

On 17/03/2015 10:57, Dave Crocker wrote:
> Public vs. private is entirely orthogonal to 'formally powerful' vs.
> 'has leverage but no formal authority'.
>
> By way of example:
>
>    A document writer has made statements to a participant that violate
> the boundaries acceptable to the Ombud team.  The statements were made
> in private, but have been sufficiently verified. The Ombud feels that
> the document writer needs to be removed from any position of leverage in
> the IETF, other than "regular participant".
>
>    Currently, it's the Chair(s) who have the authority to remove that
> person, not the Ombud.  But confidentiality constrains the Ombud
> possibly from making the request and certainly from explaining why.

Right. And the only solution that I can see is what would happen
inside a company in such a situation: extend the envelope of the
confidential discussion to include the person(s) with that
authority.

    Brian