Re: voting system for future venues?

On Aug 24, 2011, at 5:35 PM, Stephen Farrell wrote:

>> The University Campus, or maybe "University Conference Center" idea
>> is worth exploring, such places do exist (in Atlanta for example),
>> but, as others have pointed out, we need to clearly define what the
>> goal is here and recognize that there are some incompatible
>> requirements.
>
> I think this is *very* much worth doing. (Full disclosure: I tried
> to get IETF-72 in Trinity College Dublin but that fell over thanks
> in part to our local fascist sysadmins who hopefully don't read this
> list;-)

It's worth noting that trinity didn't actually have meeting room big enough for the plenary at least as the plan for the venue I was consulted on went.  each venue has unique challenges, some are harder than others.

Having worked at a large  US state school for more than a decade, only the summer meeting is likely to align with an academic calender in a way that wouldn't cause people to laugh hysterically and show you the door.