Re: [Tools-discuss] drafting tools, was messaging formatting follies

On Tue, 22 Aug 2023, Keith Moore wrote:
[I still have this idea that people should be able to submit internet-drafts in HTML, such as can be produced by any word processor these days, with a few hacks to include the necessary metadata, and a few heuristics to allow good quality xml2rfc to be reliably produced from the HTML source input.

I agree that it would be nice to have easier ways to author I-Ds, but considering what tools people use these days, a translator from MS Word .docx
or whatever you can get from Google Docs would likely get a lot more use.

You can tell Word to export HTML, but it's pretty funky HTML. Better to go direct.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxxx, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",