Re: [Gendispatch] Diversity and Inclusiveness in the IETF

>    When you're changing the way of contributing, you're not universally
    "reducing the barrier". -- certainly not for somebody that does't do git.

The IETF has not changed the way people contribute.  Drafts are still posted to the datatracker, mailing lists still exist for feedback and comment (and must be used for confirming consensus, etc).  Just because there are more paths into the datatracker now.  I mean, probably around 1985-1995 we all just FTP'd the documents we wanted to read.  Is anyone going to argue that it's not easier now?

>    Point taken. So... mailing list are seen as a problematic mechanism to
    carry our work?

For some people I think the answer is yes.  It seems that overall use of email is declining, but it's hard to get real numbers without getting tangled up in email marketing newsletter business.  But I feel like you keep trying to have me make blanket assertions and I don't want to do that.