Re: Proposal: let's just use the FAS group already

> > 1. Since we give people editbugs privileges (I assume that means that
> > you can freely edit any item in any bug report), we should only accept
> > people we trust and they should be aware of their powers and what to
> > do (not to do) with them. Since there is no description box for the
> > group in FAS, we should probably create a wiki page where we describe
> > the granted powers and responsibilities and link to that. Also there
> > should be a section with guidelines for sponsors, so that they can
> > easily decide whether to accept an application.
>
> In theory, you're right. In practice...meeeeh. editbugs privs are more
> or less given out like candy; there's 2300+ people in the 'fedorabugs'
> group already as things stand. As nirik observed, it's never really been
> a problem. Messing up bug reports is not enough fun for trolls,
> apparently.

I haven't checked the numbers before replying (shame on me). If we already have so many people with editprivs and there haven't been any major incidents, I agree it's easier to have a very permissible policy like the one you proposed and only act when something goes wrong (removing the person from the group if needed). And we can always tighten the policy if we have bad experience with it.