Re: fedora in 2013

On Mon, 2014-01-06 at 15:13 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 01/06/2014 02:52 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > Hi Fedora test and QA folks! I posted a (kind of long) message on Fedora devel
> > with some thoughts about the direction of the project in the next year. A
> > lot of it directly affects -- and is affected by, of course -- Fedora QA,
> > and the whole third section about increased automation is basically all
> > about QA/QE and release engineering.
>
> Beside hyperkitty and or just the entire "virtual flock" idea of yours
> being far from product ready and not suitable as somekind of community
> infrastructure as well as the entire concept of WG being broken ( with
> the exception of the base WG which work will be beneficial when that
> effort goes south )
>
> We are 30 people tops ( 20 more likely ) contributing on even bases with
> maybe what couple of hours to spare per week and of those 20 there are
> what <10 RH employees so as you can see we dont have any resources to do
> any ( wg or automation ) for that glorious future of yours and any kind
> of output from the WG's but by all means continue to dream.

I don't want to be quite as negative as Johann, but yeah, that third
section of your email is...um...ambitious. I'm sure you know this, but
to have it on the public record: we are a long, long, long, long, LONG
way away from that vision. I'll be happy if we just have a properly
working test harness in place this year.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey