Re: Proposal: let's just use the FAS group already

On Tue, 2013-12-17 at 12:52 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> On þri 17.des 2013 04:26, John Dulaney wrote:
>
> > Ahoy,
> >
> > So, I am with Adam on this one (I'm not a mod?).  I've been +1 for this
> > idea for quite some time now.
> >
> > Johann, I've been around for a long time, even longer than Adam, and I don't
> > remember the original purpose for the QA group; I do vaguely recall James
> > Laska telling me it had some purpose or other when I asked him about it (oddly
> > enough so I could be in more than the CLA group).
>
> Purpose and a fact of being "elitist" group which caused more harm
> then good in the QA community and what I'm worried about is that Adam
> is resurrecting it for other then purpose after he joined the WG's.
>
> If we agree it serves only the purpose to allow QA members to overcome
> other limitation in the project and we ensure that it will *only*
> serve and being used for that purpose I'm fine with resurrecting it
> but as soon as Adam or any other RH employee starts to mutilate it to
> serve it's corporate purpose we put it down.

So it seems like in the end everyone was OK with the idea, so nirik has
set up the 'fedorabugs' inheritance and I've thrown a bunch of people in
the group to start the ball rolling. I'm sure I left quite a few people
out, I just sorta randomly looked through test@ and threw on every
regular I could see whose FAS name I happen to know.

If you're not in the group yet but would like to be, do just go ahead
and apply - I've changed the group not to be invite-only any more - or
ping any of the admins or sponsors, with your FAS name:

me
cmurf
johann
kparal
robatino
roshi (mike ruckman)
tflink

for now, if anyone else wants to be a sponsor, just ask or something.
seven people should be enough to be going on with :) admins and
sponsors, do go ahead and throw anyone else who obviously ought to be in
the group into it. you can add people just by entering their FAS name
from the group page in FAS.

as discussed, being in the group is not intended to be actually
necessary for any QA tasks, we're just going to have it to allow you to
get voting rights and fedorapeople space and as a
handy-but-probably-incomplete list of people involved with QA. no plans
to change any of our current tasks or processes to depend on group
membership in any way.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey