Re: consider people with poor vision

On Tue, 18 Jun 2013, Adam Williamson wrote:

On Tue, 2013-06-18 at 15:02 -0500, John Morris wrote:

So lemme recap what you have been saying in this and other posts.... The
current design breaks both internationalization and accessability and
you recognize that reality.  Fixing these problems isn't an option
though because.... well because.

Tearing Anaconda apart and rebuilding it from the ground up was an
imperative, complaints be damned, because the Anaconda devs had a
hankering to do that; they had a fever and the only cure was some more
cowbell.  But making it useable while they already had it tore apart?
Nobody was interested in that.

What I'm saying is that there isn't a quick fix to this, which is what
Felix always suggests; his suggestions always boil down to "make the
fonts bigger! now!"

Given all of that, it's almost never the case that there's a 'quick fix'
for anything when it comes to the UI. If we're going to make anaconda
more accessible we need to take an overview of how to do it without
compromising its other design goals, not just start throwing out quick
fix ideas.

While I doubt that there is a quick road to perfection,
making things better should not be all that nasty.
There is no need to ask the display how big it is.
Just ask the user if a bigger font is desired.
The user does not need to be given a lot of choices.
96, 192 and something in between would be an improvement.

--
Michael   hennebry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
whom I teach not to run with scissors,