Re: F19 Final criteria revamp

On Jun 11, 2013, at 3:37 AM, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson <johannbg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> here's what Adam sait about that " if ntfsresize fails for some reason, that wouldn't be a blocker." which kinda  beats the purpose of the criteria right ( since no factory install of windows comes with available free space so the user always has to resize before or during the installation phaze )

Users installing Windows into a discrete space that's less than max available is the minority case, but that doesn't obviate the need for the criterion. Further, historically the part of the criterion that causes hold ups is the boot loader aspect, not resizing problems.

If the anaconda team really considers resizing inherently risky and unpredictable, the operation needs to come with a warning to the user. Insofar as I'm aware, there is no such warning, or suggestion of alternatives: boot Windows and use its utility for resizing the file system. Then an install into free space is also possible.

Chris Murphy