Re: F19 Final criteria revamp

On 2013-06-10 10:49 (GMT) "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" composed:

Quite frankly dual booting is a thing of the past and it should be
dropped from the criteria.

Yet another Fedora way to alienate users. While "dual" booting is indeed a thing of the '80's, multibooting isn't going away just because virtualization exists. Virtually all my 30+ usable systems are multiboot, regardless whether their hardware supports virtualization. Most of them don't.

Virtualization is emulation, faking. Some testing requires using real hardware. Some environments require using real hardware. Some users require real hardware.

Even if I personally embraced the concept of virtualization as a replacement for multiboot, I wouldn't want to use a host OS with a mere 18 month support life.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/