Re: F19 Final criteria revamp

On Sun, 2013-06-09 at 23:34 -0400, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Jun 5, 2013, at 12:55 AM, Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > * We were covering bootloaders in a half-assed way in the Windows dual
> > boot criterion, but that seemed kinda dumb, so I figured it would make
> > sense to break out an explicit bootloader criterion: "The installer must
> > allow the user to choose which disk the system bootloader will be
> > installed to, and to choose not to install one at all." In practice
> > that's basically what we required to work for F18.
>
> I'd like to point out a problem with the existing #9 final criterion,
> which reads:"	• The installer must be able to install into free space
> alongside an existing clean single-partition Windows installation and
> either install a bootloader which can boot into the Windows
> installation, or leave the Windows bootloader untouched and working."
>
> It seems the "single-partition" requirement has been unreasonable for
> a long time, since Windows 7/8 OEM installations are multi-partition,
> and if the disk partition is erased and Windows 7/8 is re-installed on
> an unpartitioned disk, it creates multiple partition installations.

Oh, yes - I forgot to mention it in my write-up, but I actually recalled
you raising that issue before, and adjusted the text of the rewritten
criterion somewhat. Could you take a look and see if it's better now, or
still needs improving? Thanks. In particular, what's the default
'multi-partition' layout of Win7/8? I don't think I've seen a stock
install of either (I still use an old copy of XP for Windows testing,
here.)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey