Re: How to interpret F18 Blocker criterion

On 11/06/2012 10:23 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
What? you don't have to reinstall Windows to install Fedora alongside
it. Almost all OEM preloads of Windows are simple installs, just what we
list in the criteria and what we test: they just have a single big
partition with Windows on it (and maybe some system restore partition as
we discussed earlier in the thread). I'm not sure if you're being obtuse
or just misunderstanding, but it is generally the case that you can take
a perfectly normal OEM Windows box, maybe resize the Windows partition
(or just add another disk), and install Linux alongside it, and it'll
work fine.

You do realize by having this criteria you are tying the release to users having existing windows installs be it oem installs or not and that's just absurd...

JBG