Re: How to interpret F18 Blocker criterion

On Tue, 2012-11-06 at 17:57 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> > Right. It's a pragmatic consideration. We can't support all dual boot
> > cases, and dual booting alongside Windows is the most common and
> > important to support (as it's what you need to do to attract new
> > converts).

> > I don't think there's a conflict at all. All distros work hard to dual
> > boot with Windows successfully because that's how you get people to try
> > Linux: i.e., it's actually a key thing to have *in order to driver our
> > philosophy*.
> >

> That argument does not hold water and has not for sometime now...
>
> Remind me again what the purpose of live cd/dvd/usb is ;)

That's not really the same thing at all. You can try out this funny
Linux thing for an hour or two using a live image. You can't use it
seriously.

Fact is, a _lot_ of people still dual boot with Windows, because they're
not sure they want to switch 100% to Linux, or they still need to run
some apps on Windows, or they want to play games, or whatever. Is anyone
seriously doubting it's a common and important use case?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey