Re: How to interpret F18 Blocker criterion

On 11/06/2012 09:42 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
Ultimately the intent of the criterion is that a simple 'do a default
install of Windows, then do a default install of Fedora next to it' case
is fairly commonly seen in the real world, reasonably stable in
behaviour (Windows has not changed in how it behaves in this scenario
over the years), and possible to support. Since it's often done in the
real world, it's something our releases ought to work with. It's pretty
much that simple.

What's simple is that this criteria should not exist and block the release from my pov of view...

People that want to try Fedora can do so via live cd/dvd/usb or in a vm and those that dont need to reformat/repartition and reinstall windows and then install Fedora assuming that they have legal copy of Microsoft Windows in the first place ( which I seriously doubt is the case today since I dont even think they ship a copy on cd with windows with laptops/desktops today atleast I did not get any copy with the last laptop I bought )...

JBG