Re: How to interpret F18 Blocker criterion

On Tue, 2012-11-06 at 20:34 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> > Fact is, a_lot_  of people still dual boot with Windows, because they're
> > not sure they want to switch 100% to Linux, or they still need to run
> > some apps on Windows, or they want to play games, or whatever. Is anyone
> > seriously doubting it's a common and important use case?
>
> Arent users on OS-X and Apple hw doing the exact same thing?

Sure, but there are far fewer OS X users than Windows users. It's just a
numbers game.

There is another factor at play there, though, to be fair. When we wrote
the criterion, our support for Intel Macs was still pretty much
non-existent. That was the time when we explicitly wrote into the
criteria that we didn't support Intel Macs. So obviously we weren't
going to block on OS X dual boot. That consideration probably doesn't
apply any more, though the numbers game still does.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey