Re: F42 Change Proposal: Fedora Plasma Workstation (System-Wide)

Am 05.04.24 um 12:20 schrieb Vít Ondruch:

Dne 04. 04. 24 v 17:32 Kevin Kofler via devel napsal(a):
Neal Gompa wrote:
By default, GNOME only presents the close window button. The other
buttons are missing, and there isn't really an intuitive way to
discover the other window management actions.

I agree that there are no other buttons. But still, Gnome opens the windows in normalized state, not maximized what was the original claim.

It feels strange when a discussion is done about such things, to argue
against or for a component/DE/software etc.

As I said intuition is not something that is inherently in the technology. For instance, the "scale a photo"-gesture on a common
mobile device OS, is not "natural". Its something that was communicated
by advertisements.

Such communication could look like (with alternatives):
In Gnome, with the focus on a window, use the leftAlt+Space shortcut
to get your needed function. All that from the keyboard (intentional efficient short cut). And for the mouse pushers, open the tweak app to configure the top bar of the windows to get your button. For the distro, just configure for example the minimize button to be present as default.

All that said, does not solve the dialectic discussion. I would suggest
the equal authorization to be present for both desktop environments. And
such principle should lead the further activities. Remember diversity wins, ideology not.

--
Leon