Re: Why is Fx 57 in Updates Testing?

On 10/12/2017 10:52 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> I think that may not realistically be possible, though, as 56 is not
> being made an ESR, AFAICT, and it sounds like downgrading from 56 to 52
>  (the most recent ESR), aside from the epoch bump it'd require on our
> side, is not straightforward (it seems there were profile changes
> between 56 and 52).

I should note that there are also backwards incompatible profile changes
from 57 to 56.

Backporting security fixes is definitely an option. I don't know of any
current security fixes that need to be backported (and because 57 isn't
released yet, severe ones will be backported to 56 point releases by
upstream), but if you lock F26 or F27 to 56, you'll have to be
backporting for 6 months or a year, respectively.