Re: Why is Fx 57 in Updates Testing?

On Thu, 2017-10-12 at 22:37 +0200, nicolas.mailhot@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> ----- Mail original -----
> De: "Adam Williamson"
>
> > Yes, but we're a *distributor*. It's our job to mediate change for our
> > users, not to just pass it along and wash our hands of it by saying
> > upstream was telling them about it.
>
> Sure, and Fedora had the choice of
> - shipping Firefox
> - shipping Firefox ESR
> - shipping Firefox and Firefox ESR
>
> And the good time to make this choice was at ESR branching, and
> Mozilla communicated a very detailed roadmap beforehand to help
> distributors and anyone else that ships a desktop that includes
> Firefox to make the best choice for their users. It is already
> communicating on the changes that will occur at the next branch point
> next year BTW.

You may well have a point, but the fact is, that didn't happen, and we
don't have a time machine handy. So it's a good note for the future,
but it doesn't really help us resolve this current situation. We still
have choices about what we can *actually* do *right now* given that we
didn't do what you suggested.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey