Re: Why is Fx 57 in Updates Testing?

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 7:00 AM, Martin Stransky <stransky@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   It's *updates*-testing repo and software in it should not be 'planned',
but basically 'ready' for Fedora.
   If you want testing repo for experienced users, use COPR.

I don't see it that way. Is that your personal statement or is that written in any Fedora rules? I don't see that at Fedora page [1].

Also, the COPR suffers from some drawbacks - can't easily build from Fedora or other git repo [2].

ma.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Updates_Testing
[2] I know it's supposed to work but the work flow is somehow complicated and uneasy and it's broken from time to time (actually right now).

Martin, this is what is stated at the very top of the doc you referenced:
"The updates-testing repository, also referred to as Test Updates, contains updates scheduled to be released for Branched pre-releases (after the Bodhi enabling point) and stable releases of Fedora. User testing and feedback provided via Bodhi, on the test mailing list and the relevant Bugzilla is vital to ensure that good updates are released quickly and bad ones kept away from release."

By definition BETA software is never intended to be pushed to stable.  Fx 57 is BETA.  When the STABLE version is released, then it can go into updates-testing.  Not before.  Again, that is the purpose of RAWHIDE.