Re: Triaging RH Bugzilla and forwarding bugs upstream (Was: F24, small backward steps)

On Wed, 14 Sep 2016 13:01:14 -0400
Josh Boyer <jwboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Quite simply, there are valid cases where a maintainer, or a group of
> maintainers, cannot scale to the number of bugs a package can
> generate.  The larger and more complex a package, the more likely that
> is.  That isn't anyone's fault or anyone's ego getting in the way.

Agreed. Additionally, there's packages we have that have 0 bugs
actually filed against them, but don't work or have serious problems.

So, IMHO all this boils down to 'It depends', 'we should try and
improve tools for maintainers' and 'we should try and do the best we
can with the tools and processes we have'.

I think this post (from 6 years ago now) could be helpful:

http://www.rants.org/2010/01/bugs-users-and-tech-debt/

If you don't want to click through (but you should, it's a good read),
the author posits two things: You shouldn't be worried that you have
more bugs and bugs are not actually technical debt so you shouldn't
think of them that way.

kevin