F24, small backward steps

Just a couple of smallish things after upgrading (via dnf) from F23 to
F24 a couple of months ago:

1. deja-dup gui:

        one has to deselect then reselect the Overview option in order
to be offered the "Backup Now" option.

        The details option in the progress dialog will only display two
or three lines, is not resizeable, and does not follow resizing the
entire dialog

        The progress dialog does not wait to be dismissed at the end,
causing any messages about problems (like failure to backup a particular
file) to not be seen

2. fingerprint identification:

        The laptop has a fingerprint reader and it works fine.  However
I prefer not to use it. The user set up specifies that fingerprint login
is disabled.

        However whenever I am asked for a password the fingerprint
reader blinks until I swipe a finger over it (even after using a
password).

        No fingerprint is registered.

        This is different than F23 where it never blinked.

3. Scrolling issues:

        This, edge and natural scrolling via the touchpad, was covered
nicely in a previous thread.

        Solutions offered there work well but should be better
integrated as I am sure they will be.

Desktop is: gnome-desktop3-3.20.2-1.fc24.x86_64

laptop is Thinkpad X240 (Intel graphics)

Not to be a pita, just trying to help
I really like Fedora & the Gnome desktop

--
Roger Wells, P.E.
leidos