Re: Fedora clean up process seems to be seriously broken...

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 4:47 PM, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 15:47:32 -0600, RS (Richard) wrote:
>
>> but that's a separate problem. The shear amount of
>> documentation/guidelines there are.
>
> Hey, :) you know what? Troublesome newbies would like even more
> documentation, guidelines and policy documents. Also a book about koji,
> bodhi, package git, fedpkg and more. ;-)
>
> The opposite doesn't fly either. Less guidelines resp. more brief ones
> (e.g. on packaging) would be considered insufficient and not clear
> enough, since there would be much more room for misinterpretation.

I didn't imply that there should be less documentation or guidelines,
only that it's more than a person can "grok" at one time. My thoughts
are that it would be better if there was some way to ease people into
it, just as in school you don't go straight to Calculus or DE, but
start with geometry and then algebra and you work your way up to the
more complicated stuff, building your knowledge base as you go.

I sometimes teach at night as some local colleges so I guess I think
like a teacher, maybe (probably) I'm in the minority here, just my
$.02.

Richard