Re: Fedora Workstation visual identity [was Re: Default plymouth theme]

On Fri, Feb 02, 2018 at 11:03:13PM +0000, Debarshi Ray wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 02, 2018 at 06:50:41AM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > This says to me "no GNOME designer is invested in Fedora success".
> > (Additionally, the sole entry under "Related Links" on that page loudly
> > signals that engagement is unlikely to be productive.) That's fine.
> > It's not their job. That's why I bring this up here, rather than
> > focusing on the upstream page.
> Matthew, this sort of statements are outright insulting and toxic. It
> says to me "I know best, and everybody else is either wrong or an
> enemy".

I didn't say or even imply that anyone is an enemy. I don't mean it to
be "toxic". I don't really know how to phrase it differently. This is
important to Fedora. I have been saying so for years. In the part you
have snipped that I was responding to, it's said that GNOME designers
are not interested in helping us. I'm not sure of another way to read
that. If upstream designers don't want to "touch" what Fedora needs, we
will need to figure it out here instead.

That wasn't intended to be hostile. If you have a different way to get
past this, please let me know.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>