Re: Fedora Workstation visual identity [was Re: Default plymouth theme]

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 8:51 AM, Bastien Nocera <bnocera@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you know of branding uses that aren't in this list:
> https://wiki.gnome.org/Design/OS/DownstreamBranding
> please add them there.

I see three possible recommend states, but none of the items in the
list have such a flag set.

Anyway, I don't see how either "boot loader" or "boot splash" theming
are related to GNOME. Plymouth is unrelated to the DE.

Since either such theme could give the strong perception that what's
being booted is an official Fedora product/edition, maybe it needs a
FESCo or Council policy for what Fedora deliverables do and do not get
these theming? But I don't see how either theme method or it's look at
feel, have any bearing on GNOME or KDE or whatever.

--
Chris Murphy