Re: Fedora Workstation visual identity [was Re: Default plymouth theme]

On Thu, Feb 01, 2018 at 08:53:13PM +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
> >> I think this is a good idea, but it's hardly sufficent. I'm not sure
> >> it really fits with the direction Workstation is going ??? I notice
> >> Terminal isn't even in the default Dash.
> >>

> > Have you ever met a fedora user who didn't know how to get to a terminal ?
> > Honest question, you probably meet more Fedora users than me.
>
> I have, literally dozens of them. While the terminal is useful for a
> lot of users, a lot have no idea about what a terminal is.

It seemed to me that Matthew was hinting that Terminal should be more
prominently placed, and the response to that was whether there are
actual users who wanted to use Terminal but couldn't find it because
it wasn't in the default dash.

But now everybody is saying that there are users who either rarely use
Terminal or don't know what it is. However, that doesn't answer the
question whether someone actually wanted to use it but couldn't get to
it because it isn't prominently placed. :)