Re: Consider tuned-gui as an important element for "advanced" users on the Fedora Workstation

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 6:50 AM, Bastien Nocera <bnocera@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We have screen brightness, auto lock and auto sleep configurations in GNOME,
> right now. There's no separate brightness configuration for AC/battery on
> any mobile platform that I know of, neither is there any on macOS.

macOS does, sorta [1] in that there's a checkbox, enabled by default,
"Slightly dim the display while on battery power". And it does dim the
display noticeably, but not by much. There is no way to separately set
brightness to an absolute value, battery vs power.

It may be that feature predates LED backlights, I don't know that the
power savings from a small reduction in brightness is as meaningful as
it was with CCFL.

[1]
This is in 10.11.x "El Capitan" but it's been there since I can remember.

Power Adapter
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_2Asp8DGjJ9RXQzRkdfaFlPY1E

Battery
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_2Asp8DGjJ9XzVHcXZmNUFjMFU