Consider tuned-gui as an important element for "advanced" users on the Fedora Workstation

Tuned is an excellent tool to monitoring system and apply profile-based configurations. This tool is very powerful and its use is relegated to the servers systems, however, it can be put to good use for fedora Workstation for users seeking advanced settings via a user interface (tuned-gtk).

For example, a good use of tuned in the Workstation is the advanced power management, even with the possibility of using custom profiles through powerTOP (laptop users). My experience says that in most cases I have used systems tuned for that purpose, there has been an increase in battery life (is not the only use case).

Part of my proposal considers:
• Improve the design of tuned-gtk (like gnome-tweak-tool design)
• Add categories to target profiles to facilitate user choice (Eg. Workstation, Cloud and Server) • Add/modify new default tuned profiles for desktop/laptop use, similar to those available in the "tuned-profiles-compat" package • Add settings to create a powerTOP profile or add it from a report (html file)

All these options would expect for an average user or an advanced user to enhance the options available for their device. I intend to present it in the list and not directly to the authors, is that this tool can greatly improve the user experience for the target audience of fedora workstation. For example, the web is full of requests "to improve power consumption in Linux" and there are several responses that lead to programs that do not have a user interface and are complicated to use. Tuned-gtk would be used for the range of user need only choose a predefined profile to those who want to create their own custom profiles graphically. When I talk about advanced users, I'm making the parallel with the application gnome-tweak-tool, but the big problem here is that the user needs root permissions to use the application, although a change in this area would help the whole family derived from fedora, as RHEL or CentOS.

Thanks