Re: Where DM-Crypt is loaded in the Kernel

Thanks guys - the problem with the cryptsetup error seems to have been
related to using the recovery prompt. I ran: "cryptsetup luksOpen" from the
busybox shell, exited it, and then booted the system just fine.

After getting into the system, I added the appropriate entries in
/etc/crypttab, and then used:
$ sudo update-initramfs -k all -c -v
to do the trick. In my full environment it calls cryptsetup witout errors,
so it must have had something to do with running that from a rescue prompt.
But, the important thing is that everything seems tip-top now!

I'm writing a HOWTO on installing Ubuntu over an existing dm-crypt system
because I ran into so many headaches while trying to do it. I'll send the
link when it is done.

Thanks a bunch to all of you, this would have taken me infinitely longer to
figure all of this out on my own. Cheers!

Matt