Re: Where DM-Crypt is loaded in the Kernel

to, 2009-01-08 kello 15:39 +0000, Matt Rosales kirjoitti:
> Yes, Mikko - that is very useful information, except that description of the
> crypttab is a little crypt-tic (bad pun, sorry :)
> So if I got that right, it looks like:
> [device-mapper-name] [physical-location-of-LVM] none luks

Yeah. (That'll get you the manual passphrase query - that's the "none"
part, you can stick a keyfile in there too, if for example you want to
set up the other partitions from a keyfile on the encrypted root
partition.)

> and I only need to do this for the / partiton, not /home and swap?

I think you should have them there too if you want them automatically
set up... I use LVM on the dm-crypt device so I can make do with one.

> Also, I too was having problems with the 8.10 alt disc, so I went back to
> 8.04.1 and am planning to upgrade

Indeed. Hopefully they'll fix that... If not for a 8.10 subrelease, 9.04
at least.

--
Mikko Rauhala <mjrauhal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
University of Helsinki