Re: Where DM-Crypt is loaded in the Kernel

Concerning Ubuntu, afaik there's a whole bunch of wiki entries surrounding dmcrypt, using it for the root filesystem as well as stuff like gnome+external drives etc. . In any case, it might be helpfull to boot a rescue system and inspect the initrd that is currently used or rebuild the initrds (in the hope the needed modules will be packed into the initrd) ... If I remember correctly there's something like update-initrd... which should build proper initrds for all installed kernel versions, that is, as long as the config is okay and the needed modules/scripts are included. I hope the wikis hold information on that topic.

Regards

-Sven

Matt Rosales schrieb:
Thanks for the advice Sven! I'll check with the Ubuntu folks... The issue
happened as a result of some unusual installation circumstances, so I am not
sure if the installer copied the wrong kernel, or intrid, or failed to
include the modules. I appreciate your information!

Regards,
Matt

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 12:27 PM, Sven Eschenberg <sven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx