Re: Re: dm-crypt is broken and causes massive data corruption

> Hi,
>
> I can throw in some information maybe it helps.
>
> I had that problem with 2.6.12 on my old machine with 5 PATA discs
> connected together to a Raid 5 with dm-crypt on top.
>
> Then I switched to a new machine and copied the operating system. Now I
> have 3 SATA und 2 PATA discs connected together to a Raid 5 with
> dm-crypt on top and everything is rock solid. Meanwhile I use 2.6.15 and
> it is still rock solid.
>
> Conclusion: same software, different hardware and the problem vanished.
>

> Thomas

I talked about this on the list a few months back. I also pasted
debuginformation and someone here went through it and said it looked abit
odd ;) I guess I'm not alone anymore. Can't post a link to it cause gmane
seems to be down. But search for "hyrwall dm-crypt" on either gmane or
google. Should give you some matches. The debuginfo might be interesting.